MePlat Offline OP
OP Offline
Post deleted by MePlat

Re: What can I do to improve? [Re: MePlat] #3502 08/27/2004 5:03 PM
Vance in AK. Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Morning MePlat.
The 1st thing I'll tell you is that you can probably out shoot me so I'm just poking around at ideas here. I've never been good at putting together little bitty groups on paper.
What type & caliber & gun & rested or off hand?
Are the targets oriented the way they were when shot?
In both cases the "flyer" radically changed the group size. Opened it up over 100%.

If the targets were oriented a different direction so that the "flyer" went the same direction from the rest of the group both times, & if the flyer was eithr the 1st or the last shot each time, I'd say maybe barrel heat was a factor.
That's my only idea for now.

Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Re: What can I do to improve? [Re: MePlat] #3503 08/27/2004 5:48 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
ok......reviewing my memory on meplat, i'm a thinkin this is a trick question. i'm fairly sure he already knows how to shoot

.....so, my suggestion would be to move the quarter off the target, and shoot only at the bullseye......or, move the quarter down to the bullseye, and shoot all shots at the quarter.
i'm getting this crazy idea from the initial statement "here are TWO consecutive targets i shot this morn".....but only one actual PRINTED target is in view.

ok meplat.....how'd i do ......am i a genious?....or am i crazy, n just thinkin too much?

what i see, are 2 separate... approximate 1" 3 shot groups. not bad shootin!

Kentucky….no place like home.
Assuming you shot the top target first... [Re: MePlat] #3504 08/27/2004 6:40 PM
RadioTech Offline
stranger
stranger
If you shot the top target first then the lower one you were anticipating the recoil on the first and pushing through the shot instead of a normal follow-through. Also, you may have been letting your wrist break upward by having a light grip. You would have corrected this on the next three shots to group lower on the target.
You can find a neat correction target showing what you may be doing based on the shot placement at the following address.

www.sportshooter.com/improving/images/correction_chart.gif

Print this target and you can analyze your shooting and make any necessary corrections.

Hope this helps.

Re: What can I do to improve? [Re: MePlat] #3505 08/27/2004 7:33 PM
Vance in AK. Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Kyode, if you look close you'll notice the lower rarget is laying over the upper target(shame on you for thinking MePlat is yanking your chain! )
When he says "shoot better" I assume he's talking group size, not location on target.

Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Re: What can I do to improve? [Re: Vance in AK.] #3506 08/27/2004 8:24 PM
KYODE Offline
Shooting Expert
Shooting Expert
dang!.....that must mean i'm an idiot and thinkin too much then.

i sure didn't notice the 2nd target.

Kentucky….no place like home.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 121 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod