Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Taurus Titanium Tracker in 357 mag #4317 10/13/2004 5:03 PM
WNY_Whitetailer Offline OP
OP Offline
I was reading an article in American Hunter Magazine and the authore was touting this gun as a great lightweight gun that is nice to carry on the hip and comfortable to shoot with the ribber grip. Do any of you guys have experience with this gun. I think it would be a nice gun for hunting with open sites and for some target shooting with 38's. Seeing that it is ported I would assume that the recoil is not too severe for its light weight...Let me know what you guys think

Thanks
Mike

Patience comes with age and you can't teach common sense
Re: Taurus Titanium Tracker in 357 mag [Re: WNY_Whitetailer] #4318 10/14/2004 2:25 AM
slavage Offline
enthusiast
enthusiast
i have the stainless tracker in 357 6 5/8ths barrel i think it is an i love it i looked at the titanium but they only came in the 4 inch barrels that i could find so i went with the stainless an have the scope rail on mine with a tasco prodot on top, i love the thing sweet shooting rig fires every thing with out a flaw so far put about 400 rounds though it about 200 of each mag an 38's
so it depends if you might put a scope on it get the stainless if u are all ways going to go iron sights the titanium is very nice just member though the lighter it is the more kick u are going to feel

Re: Taurus Titanium Tracker in 357 mag [Re: slavage] #4319 10/14/2004 1:24 PM
OP Offline
I may opt for the stainless for the cost savings...I'm not worried about one extra pound hanging off of my hip when walking through the woods. Could be a nice little whitetail gun for up close bow range type shooting.

Re: Taurus Titanium Tracker in 357 mag [Re: WNY_Whitetailer] #4320 10/14/2004 3:00 PM
Vance in AK. Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Hey Whitetailer, I take it you are a bow hunter also? I have the same affliction, & have to admit I'm a bowhunter 1st, but handguns come in a close second. Do you shoot a compound or a real bow? Just kidding, although I do shoot a longbow.

Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Re: Taurus Titanium Tracker in 357 mag [Re: Vance in AK.] #4321 10/14/2004 6:01 PM
OP Offline
I shoot a real compound bow...I also must admit that I am more excited about bow season than gun season. It's quieter, warmer and I don't need to wear orange...

Re: Taurus Titanium Tracker in 357 mag [Re: WNY_Whitetailer] #4322 10/14/2004 11:03 PM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
WNY_Whitetailer, are you going tomorrow? I got the day off and have all my gear ready!! First day I've had off in a while. Can't think of a better way to spend it.

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: Taurus Titanium Tracker in 357 mag [Re: Tigger] #4323 10/20/2004 4:27 PM
OP Offline
I did get out there for about 5 hours in the AM...I had to get out of the woods though. My sister got married on Saturday so I needed to pick up my tux as well as some other running around as the rehearsal was at 6PM. I went down to Scio on Sunday to do some hunting at my friends property but I rolled my ankle before even going into the woods and never made it out...I drove the 110 minutes home in a little agony. Oh well, I had Monday off from work so I just sat on the couch playing PS2 and hanging out with the wife and daughter. I have to take it easy for a little while and hopefully I will be back out in the woods soon.

Re: Taurus Titanium Tracker in 357 mag [Re: WNY_Whitetailer] #4324 10/20/2004 6:39 PM
Vance in AK. Offline
Pooh-Bah
Pooh-Bah
Hope you two have a good bow season. Whitetailer, I hope you know I'm joking on the "real bow vs. wheel bow" thing.
Most all of my bowhunting partners are compound shooters, so they are merciless about the "stick & string". They keep asking when I'll get a real bow, & offering to run out & catch my arrows for me if I miss so the broadhesd won't touch the dirt & get dull
Hope your ankle gets better soon.
How you doing Tigger? Any update?

Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."
Re: Taurus Titanium Tracker in 357 mag [Re: Vance in AK.] #4325 10/20/2004 9:52 PM
Tigger Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
SORRY to hear about the ankle NY-Whitetailer. That is a bummer. Get some rest and you'll be back at in a week or so.

I went the first day until noon. I saw a small button buck (small deer all alone) around 9:00am. At about 10:30 a coyote came thru. He worked the edge of the field at about 40 yards. I thought he was going to turn and come in closer, but he never did. Didn't see anything else that day. Went out Saturday till 1:00pm. As I was getting set up I thought I saw something one the ground moving, it was really dark. I got set and sat down, sure enough a porkeypine was coming down the hill. He pass within 4 feet of the bottom of my tree stand. Around 8:00am a nice sized doe with a fawn following came into view at about 50 yards. I got the binos on her and saw a large deer following the fawn! I watched really close as the 3rd deer came into the clearing. Darn no antlers. Then around 10:00 the button buck came in and started to feed at about 17 to 20 yards. I did some practice draws on him, and watched him feed. He was there for about 20 minutes and slowly made his way back from the direction he came.

That's all so far. I hope to get out this weekend.

NRA Life Member

** NEVER! Moon a Werewolf!!**
Re: Taurus Titanium Tracker in 357 mag [Re: Tigger] #4326 10/21/2004 2:02 PM
OP Offline
I am taking it easy...I won't be going hunting this weekend but I will get out there next weekend. Still waiting for my SBH Hunter to come in...Getting a little excited here.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 127 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod