Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Burris above and beyond! #64706 02/16/2010 12:05 PM
Recoil Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Okay I ripped Burris last month for not giving me good customer service dealing with a focus ring that would not lock on my 2-7x handgun scope. I brought it in to them for repair and I received it back in two weeks but the problem had not been fixed. I sent them off an email but received no response. I was going to write them off but decided since yesterday I had the day off and I was also going to be in Greeley to pick up my processed bison meat I might as well drop by to give them one more try. As luck would have it their customer service manager just happened to be in the lobby talking to another customer. After the other gent left the manager asked me if he could help me. I proceeded to tell me my sad story. He first apologized for the lack of an email response. He explained that they have been working on that issue and that there has been a disconnect with a service provider of theirs. I am not sure about the details of what that meant and frankly I was more concerned about how they would make it right. He looked at the scope and told me that this was a factory defect and that their quality control failed to detect a machinery tolerance problem. He told me that he would get me a new scope. He returned in about 5 minutes with a new scope and a Burris hat. He also gave me a 60% off coupon towards the purchase of any of their scopes. I plan on using that soon for sure. Bottom line is that my faith has been restored. I do have about 15 of their scopes and I am sure that influenced how I was treated. I expressed my displeasure with them on this forum and I want to make it right by telling of my very satisfying experience.

Recoil

Re: Burris above and beyond! [Re: Recoil] #64707 02/16/2010 12:23 PM
Ernie Offline
Distinguished Master
Distinguished Master
Good for you and good for Burris.
I have known the folks at Burris for quite a few years now, and they are good people that make a good product.

Ernie the Un-Tactical
Re: Burris above and beyond! [Re: Ernie] #64715 02/16/2010 3:23 PM
TCTex. Offline
Shootist
Shootist
Yaa! good for you and great on Burris!

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb
Benjamin Franklin
Re: Burris above and beyond! [Re: TCTex.] #64720 02/16/2010 4:56 PM
hunlee Offline
addict
addict
Burris scopes are #1 as hunlee is proud owner of 3-12x power on a nice 7-30 water Contender!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Grate long ranger setup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hunlee

Hunlee is friend to all,,,Is a lover not a fighter and has fathered many children!!!!
Re: Burris above and beyond! [Re: hunlee] #64730 02/16/2010 8:03 PM
pab1 Offline
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Thanks for sharing your experience with them Recoil.

Experience is the best teacher, hunger good sauce.
Osborne Russell Journal of a Trapper

Re: Burris above and beyond! [Re: pab1] #64739 02/16/2010 8:42 PM
Recoil Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
I'm sure glad that I gave them another chance. They have been good to me for nearly 20 years so I could not figure what was going on. It is comforting to know that from my experience Burris is still Burris. I like their product and I will continue to purchase from them. I do think that they are a top notch outfit.

Recoil

Re: Burris above and beyond! [Re: Recoil] #64745 02/17/2010 12:45 AM
s4s4u Offline
Shootist
Shootist
It's good they made it right, but you shouldn't have had to jump through hoops to get it done right.

Rod, too.

Short cuts often lead to long recoveries.
Re: Burris above and beyond! [Re: s4s4u] #64762 02/17/2010 11:27 AM
Recoil Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Burris made it right by me but questions do linger. They have done a redesign on that locking ring. The locking ring on the new 2-7x is at least twice as wide. I do not think that I will have that problem with this new scope. I do wonder why they sent the scope back to me when it was not repaired. This locking ring problem was obviously known by them. Perhaps an employee was trying to slip one by me, I don't know. Bottom line is that the customer service manager made it right with me and I will overlook these things. I will have them stored in the back of my mind however. Perhaps I did not properly explain the problem to the first fellow that accepted my scope for repair.

Recoil

Re: Burris above and beyond! [Re: Recoil] #65001 02/21/2010 2:21 AM
BINGO Offline
addict
addict
Aside from getting your satisfaction. It's nice to see an American product w/the company standing behind it.

Moderated by  Chance Weldon, Gary, Gregg Richter 

Newest Members
Redhawk41, Striker243, Sxviper, RobbieD, IRONMAN
9668 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 85 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod