Wow, great timing. I just started tinkering with loading up the acp with a heavier bullet, and as my gun is all set up for the Rowland pressures, I have decided to see if I can get a 255 class bullet into the low 45 Super range, with super brass. I was playing with my cast bullets yesterday for my 454 (heavy weights) and cutting the bases off these bullets to only check for feeding shape (LBT, WFN, LFN etc.) What I do not have handy and want to try is something along the Kieth style. And I am also hoping to catch the crimp groove.

I have a 315 Lee bullet that I could not find on line with Montana Bullet, Beartooth nor Cast Peformance in a 255ish weight. Is the Lee one you cast yourself? Who makes the Keith one you show? And if you will, have you tried crimping into the groove with this or any other Keith style (Band ahead of the crimp groove)? Just curious if the front driving band looks to chamber in the acp without having to move the case mouth up onto the band. The only bullets I have in my stash with a band are Speer 255 SWC's, and these are too soft to to really check this (not to mention too soft for my plans).

Thank you, sir,

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred