Russell,

Thanks for the info on the SWC/Kieth style bullets. I just need to order some and be done with it. As I posted earlier, the lengthend rowland case can actually work against us with heavier bullets, or designs that deviate from traditional 45 acp designs.

PLEASE be careful with the unique. In the article he says that load data was hard to find. There is a lot of load data out there, and none uses such a fast powder. Even if you extrapolate from 45 Super data, the convential 45acp powders are all too fast. If you look at the burn rate chart for powders (Hodgdon's website) for Power Pistol, Longshot and AA #7, you will see that these are much slower than Unique. These are the primamry powders used in all of the printed data that I have been able to find. You are getting a very fast peak with Unique, and I would bet dollars to dounuts that you will get no where near top Rowland velocities without possibly blowing out a case. I exclusevly use Longshot, and have seen very uniform pressure curves (from velocity of bullet and slide) using 200 grain bullets up to 250. These powders were designed for high pressure auto pistols of many calibers. If you do some research on the 45 Super you will see where I have gotten this in print.

Since you are dabbling with the heaveier bullets in the Rowland, as have I, you are already into the land of limited data.

Thanks,

Craig

PS Nice pictures and looks like a clean bench. Mine is mess right now, from sawing on 300 grain cast bullets.

Last edited by Bearbait in NM; 01/15/2012 7:09 PM.

Northern born and Southern bred