Originally Posted By: Bearbait in NM

Hank, I would not worry about Clark and them fouling your slide. They have indeed been around a very long time, with Clark Jr. taking the company over from his dad. On a conversion where they know the original gun barrel will still be used, to bugger a slide in lieu of the cost of a cheap part would be a terrible rookie mistake. And it sounds like the bushing was not true (round), so to make the slide fit would take a ton more work. Between my Rowlands and full length guide rods, I have probably had 10 perfect bushings from them over the years. They do have the ability to do them correctly. Sorry you caught the lemon.

Craig

I have talked to them on the phone and now feel better about it except for the fact that they claim to check every kit by putting it in a slide. If this is true they need to get a new slide because the one they are using has an out of tolerance hole or my kit got out without inspection.

I know this, my machinist buddy was unimpressed. Of course he is like most machinist I know, very much perfectionist. In fact I would say he is the champ in that regard. That is why I am very confident in his help in this project.

Hank