Hank,

The WFN's can be hard to feed period. As the nose has to bounce off the feed ramp (if you are lucky just the case side will hit the ramp), then bounce of the top of the chamber, it is a rough ride. Not sure if you have other brands of 1911 mags or someone who could let you test drive a different brand, sometimes a different mag with different feed lip geometry might feed better. Much like Wilson mags have what is loosely called wad cutter lips, they release the cartridge base typically sooner than the traditional Colt feed lips. Not sure I would go out and spend money to test, as it will be a crap shoot. generally Colt style mags are called tapered, and the Wilson and others would be called parallel or wad cutter style, in case you want to ask any buddies for a test drive.

A 250 at 1230 would seem to me to be pretty darn close to max pressure. I would definately be very concerned about setback at that level, as you probably have very little wiggle room.

And when you rub in your home shooting range, proper etiquette requires some amount of tongue protrusion......At least it explains why you can load 4 at a time to test.

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred