FINALLY!! got to put some rounds down range. When I loaded them, I hadn't acquired any Longshot so I went with some Unique and Blue Dot using some 'pin load' data and some +P+ data. Out of 56 rounds (used McCormick 8rd 'Shooting Star' ss mags)with 2 different powders and 2 different bullets, I had two 'failure to return to complete battery'. The gun digested both the 230 JHP and the 255 cast RFN. The 2 failures were with the cast and on one it appeared that it drug on the slide stop. I have no idea on the other. No set back when I made random checks. did not check for accuracy or velocity but at 25 yds was able to keep all rounds on an ISPC target. Think I'm going to like this round.

As a note, one of my Blue Dot/255gr cast loads is actually a low end .45 Win Mag load (and judging by the sharp ejection and FLAT primers, too much for the Rowland); recoil was not as bad as some of the .45 Linebaugh colt loads I shoot.

Was able to con one of my shooting buds out of two pounds of Longshot so now for the 'fine tuning'. I may have interested my bud in getting one. Let him shoot a couple of mag fulls.

It's not the gun, but the man behind it.

Sheriff Russell Cottle, Ret.
USMC; 1967-1970; Vietnam-'68-'69