Intersting on the Remmy sight cuts. Sheesh, you would think that making them Colt or at least Novak would help with the selling points. The gun afterall is one that folks do a lot of customizing. The rear cut for a Novak Adjustable does remove a lot of material, I would have guessed it could have worked. I have a real hard time with fixed sights on anything, as I tend to like heavy bullets, and play around enough. The Novak Adjustable Extreme duty has been a great sight so far.

Russell, it is pretty common for the 1911 slide stop to make contact with these heavier bullets. You can (and I have) removed just a tad of material to clear that up. But obviously it is one of those things to do as a last resort, once you know you want to stick with a particular bullet. It can be further complicated if your mag springs get fatigued. Obviously you have new springs, but I run Wolff extra power in all my mags, just to make sure things keep up. But I am an oddball, I actully like Colt 7 round magazines.

The buldging brass that you can get at the web from loads that are too hot can reaaly be felt when resizing. Sometimes they are obvious when looking at the brass, sometimes only felt when going into the size die. I immediately pitch any of those. And a little trick to keeping track of how many times brass gets reloaded (if you do not do so manually) is that you will probably find that your brass at the top end gets some kind of mark from the extractor or ejector somewhere on the case in and or around the rim or groove. I just count them up ;^) But I also try and only do full throttle on new brass.

I am sure you are gonna dig the accuracy, and how little recoil that you actually have for what the ballistics produce. It sure seems that most gun junkies do like 1911's, and when you show them the capabilities, the Rowland does sorta sell itself.

I cant wait for spring and snow melt, so I can shoot my 1911's more......

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred