Russell,

Pressure sign in the Rowland are pretty tough. You have the bunch that say primers only flatten in the 50k range, but clearly we are not in that range, even oopsing a little. In about a half dozen Clark barrels, working up loads to published I always seea little flattening of the primer. I think it best to mix that sign in with primer pocket looseness, and other common sense things. One of the reasons I keep my 230's closer to 1250 or 1275. Wilson seems to think the mid 12's are better for their gun, I think. My first batch of 1000 cases got a lot of loadings. I did not keep track, but 6 or 7 for sure, some more, unless you run right at the redline. I started retiring the brass by and large more for the nicks in the case rims from all of the feeding and ejecting. Starline is good stuff.

I give two big thumbs up for the Novak adjustable. On my Colt with the recommended Novak front, the blade is down a bit for the Rowland, but real close to the top for 45 acps. Good range of movement, and Novak did a wonderful job of installation. Only took about a week, and they re-beadblasted the top of the slide.

I would imagine if those hollowpoints are cast without serious hardening, they would make a mess out of a coyote. The Clark barrel is reasonably tolerant of softer lead, as the bore is pretty dang nice. The comp may be another matter ;^)

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred