For years the standard at our indoor shooting range has been between 7 - 8grs. of Unique with a 240gr. Hard Cast SWC. Some guns liked 7grs. some liked 8grs., while some liked both. This load will produce about 850 FPS Muzzle Velocity and is a pure joy to shoot. In my experience they can be super accurate also.

I once had a 5" S&W Model 629 Classic that shot the now discontinued Bull-X 190gr. Hard Cast SWC ahead of 5.9grs. of Unique like it was a target rifle. At our indoor range I could cut the X-Ring out of a NRA B-3 Pistol Target all day long from a prone position. YES it was the gun and load that were that good and made the shooter look good. For the record that load out of that 5" S&W produced 780 FPS with recoil like a .38 Special. Too bad Bull-X went out of business as I have never found anyother Custom Bullet Caster that produced that exact bullet. I once put a cylinder full of those 190's through an old Badger at a range of 30 yards. Even at the reduced velocity every bullet exited the Badger and he was dead after the first shot, but I had bullets left in the cylinder thus kept shooting.

Larry

T/C Handguns, One good shot for your moment of truth !