Ernie-- those zeros for the reticle r exactly what i got from Exbal, only my calcs were for 4000 ft. elevation. As u can see atmospheric conditions have little effect on external ballistics at the "closer" ranges. What i have done to get your zeros is expand on Ernie's calcs. I apply an interpolative system between the stadia to give more zeros so there's less guesswork on long-range shots. I also adapt the windage to the plex portion of the reticle very similar to the mil-dot guys that use the reticle for windage reference, by applying part of the formula which would be used to calculate windage as a percentage of the plex post tip subtension.

When i looked at the Burris website the tech. page shows the 44 Mag Ball. Plex reticle shows the x-hair to plex measurement is 3.05"/hundred yards (IPHY), so all that's necessary is to take each zero's 10 mph windage calcs (in IPHY-- Exbal does this for u) and divide them by the 3.05 IPHY measurememnt. It's a very easy system-- u can see that if u were to multiply those figures by 100 that would give u the PERCENTAGE of the distance between x-hair and plex post tip-- see how it works? The only reason i do it in tenths of the reticle subtension instead of percentage is that it takes up less space on the range sticker, and is just as easy to reference quickly). Here's the range sticker--

Ele.--------10 mph

200-0-------.6 (of the distance from x-hair to plex post)
265-1-------.8
300-1.3-----.9
325-1.5----1.0
350-1.75---1.1
375-2------1.1
400-2.25---1.2
425-2.5----1.3
450-2.7----1.4
475-3------1.5
500-3.2----1.6
525-3.5----1.7
550-3.7----1.8
575-4------1.9

If u want to investigate all the permutations of ballistic reticles (including applying them for ranging using the "modified mil-ranging" formula-- very simple system actually) check out this web-based article-- www.ottllc.com/specialtypistols/sp20.pdf

Another thing i would suggest Hawk is to read Ernie's article at Specialty Pistols titled, "Crawling for Antelope"-- right here--http://specialtypistols.ottllc.com/sp14.html

1 last thing i would suggest is to use a sling system that will allow u to tighten the gun close to your body so it doesn't flip all over the place while stalking. This is very easily accomplished by installing a plastic snap into the sling and rig it up like a backpack strap so it's quickly and easily adjusted. Believe me u will be happy when u see the difference between a regular sling, and this system-- world of difference.

Oh by the way-- VERY NICE paint jobs on those stocks-- beaultiful rigs.

Last edited by sscoyote; 10/04/2005 7:20 PM.

Steve