I haven't really followed this post but I just took in a trade of one of the old Contender 44mag barrels with the removable choke. It's 10"s with a vented rib, elevation is adjusted with the front sight and the rear sight is a flip up for shooting regular 44 mag ammo. I figure it would make a cool survival gun. I know of some of these rechambered to 410 but that would eliminate using regular cartridges. I'm playing with the idea of rechambering it to 444 and then making some 444 shot shells either using a cardboard wad on top or possibly using a shot capsule. I would think I should be able to duplicate 410 performance and then shoot regular 444 ammo. The bad thing is after talking to Bellm about the project he said he built a 10" 444 barrel once and when he test fired it into a pipe running through his shop floor into the ground the fire ball took the hair off his arm up to his elbow. I'm still kicking it around though but we'll see.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist