I'm actually more of a wheelgun guy but because of circumstance I ended up owning a glock 22 which is one gun I said I'd never own and I actually like the gun. It's not fancy but it has proven to be a very functional tool with more punch than the 9 but the same capacity. I changed the disconnector in it to lighten the trigger pull just a little and it's very accurate and lightweight. I used to carry a 1911 but I like the idea of 16 vs 8 rds although you hope it will take only one the insurance is nice. The weight difference between an all steel GI model 1911 and the Glock is very noticeable. I just installed one of the after market clips on it and wear it in the small of my back and I don't even notice it even when I'm sitting down. I'm also a little old fashioned too though as I have two derringers, one is Rohm which is a German Remington replica in 38 and the other was a cheapo Cobra in 380 but the rimmless cartridge bugged me so I reamed it to 38 also so I have 4 hidden back up shots if I'm going to go to portland or some other hell hole that has nightly shootings.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist