Originally Posted By: tracker77
430man

Whats wrong with me wanting 700fps loads? If its what shoots best in my gun and it kills what I aim it at then it doesnt matter how fast it comes out of the barrel. Actually my 44mag loads are somewhere around 1150fps. Thats very mild for a 44mag. Im not trying to push my 44s to the limit. I also dont shoot 44spl in my Bisley as it doesnt like them. As I said more is not always better. For me a 1100fps 44spl hard cast load is perfect for what and where I hunt.

It is because you can do it with a .44 mag. Go either way but if you want to turn the special into a mag, forget it.
You will never turn a .480 into a .475. You can not turn a .38 into a .357. You can not turn a 30-06 into a Weatherby.
I would love a .44 special for fun but it has limits if I want a deer gun. The best for deer is 1300 to 1400 fps with a heavier boolit. That puts the special well below a .45 Colt. Even a .45 Colt at 1100 to 1200 fps makes a special a little child.
Colt just came back with a real nice gun. Case hardened to perfection and a super blue. .44 special at over $1500. Get real, I will never buy one because I hunt first and have no need for a toy.