Originally Posted By: azmark
If I will go where I expect to make a long shot like in the high desert plains near where I live, I'll use my Savage .270. I bought it to be my first hunting weapon. I'm 51 and have decided to try hunting since I have always had an interest. I was going to hunt the Coues whitetails here. Work travel has come up that will interefere with deer season. Now I may have the opportunity to be transferred to Florida which makes me want to try pig hunting. I like the idea of using a handgun if I am in the closer quarters of the Southeast but I like revolvers. The TC's seem foreign, if you know what I mean.

That was quite a rant; I think I'll go expand onthat in the roll call.

Glad your trying hunting, you'll be addicted regardless of the weapon. You'll find it's not all about the kill but being out in wild country with no crowds or traffic and hunting for me anymore is as much about spending time with family without the daily stresses of life.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist