thanks guys, i love iron sights, the only other gun i brought was a night sighted SRH which is my hog gun due to the sights and it was more of a camp protection gun. i practice with that lil' FA out to over a hundred yards regularly so i was confident in whatever shot would present itself though i will say the scoped guns worked real well for the other guys, gary and tj made excellent shots at over a hundred yards and were able to not only hit the bears but plug in multiple shots at even further ranges to keep the bears from making the tree line. i practice off hand almost exclusively and sight my guns in that way as well so i'm not as good per se at 150 or more yards as with a scoped gun but i get off pretty rapid shots and don't lose shots due to not being able to get set up quickly which i didn't like when i used scoped revolvers. i just don't shoot them real well and until my eyes go south will prolly stick with iron sights. however, like i said, the scoped guns worked great with all the other guys but they're much better with a scope than i am.