Hello and Welcome! I was a bowhunter myself till I found handgun hunting. Now I don't own a single piece of archery equipment-- sold it all to buy handgun stuff!

Just wanted to throw this part in as food for thought concerning the 357 and 38 idea you spoke of...

I started with a 460 smith and wesson so I could shoot the 45 colt, 454, and 460. However, through the help of the guys on here, I have learned that it is best to shoot the one the gun is made for. Meaning shoot the 460 out of the 460, shoot 454 out of a different gun made for the 454, and so on. Accuracy is sacraficed if ya try to do to much with one gun.

As long as you don't expect the same accuracy when shooting the 38's as you do the 357's, you will probably be happy with it. Just don't get to frustrated if your groups aren't as tight with the 38's. My 460 shot best when shooting 460. 454 was less accurate, and 45 colt was even less.

Also, might I add considering a 22? It is a LOT of fun, cheap to shoot, and a GREAT teacher on the proper mechanics. That being said, I would second the vote for a .41 or .44, and throw in a 22 also!

SEE... Now ya got two guns already!!! :-)

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.