Don't automatically assume a little bulge will not work. I am messing with Barnes bullets right now and they are a bit long for size. I have a dummy made up with the Barnes 200 XPB Colt bullet in Super brass, and I get a little bulging when seating, but they feed fine by hand.

I am gonna try to get them running in my Rowland. I also have the 185 Tac from Barnes, and while I have always been a heavy bullet kind of guy, Barnes said that they need a fairly low velocity of 700 to open, and have no upper threshold beacuse they are "solid". My thinking is try and get the Barnes 200 and XTP 200 running at full throttle, and see if they group similarly. I have my 250 grain "pokies" worked out. Then I will do more penetration testing.

And Reflex, for your mold, take a look at the Beartooth website at their 225 grain TC bullet in .451. Marshall highly recommended them for my Rowland years ago. They group very well, penetrate like crazy, and in my wet print testing really blow nice sized holes out of the back of the stack. have not used them on a critter, but like them a lot. That is my lead go to bullet right now.

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred