I almost had a HS Precision this past summer but did not scrape together the funds in time...someone else ended up with it! They are supposed to be SUPER accurate. My custom XP-100 has a HS Varmint stock on it and is just awesome. It has had action work, Hart barrel, trigger and the HS stock. I bought it built for a great deal but it must have cost about $1400 to build. I'm also in the process of brainstorming on my next project which will be a XP-100. I've got $500 in buying the gun which has a Redfield base amd three ring mount along with a good 7X Burris scope...the base, rings and scope are worth at least $200.

So...saying I got the gun for $300...I'll have $400 in a barrel, threading, and chambering work. Then close to another $400 in the HS stock by the time it is delivered, finished cut in (which I'll do) then bedding work completed. The HS stock alone is about $325 per the website. So the total (counting the base and scope) will be $1300. That's getting close to the cost of a HS handgun. I'm going the XP route since I can have the work done as I can afford it...I'm a terrible saver when it comes to buying guns so to save the entire lump sum for a HS is tough!!

Then iffin you need a trigger...add mo'money to the total. My project gun has a great trigger so it will stay. If you need any bluing work done you can also increase the cost.

Ernie and Steve may be able to detail this better since they have built several custom XP's and Strikers. My numbers are based off of several custom long guns I've had built.