Originally Posted By: KYODE
 Quote:
No offense or anger is intended in this post, but I think most of us know how to hunt, and what happens during that time. I've been doing it for thirty years now. It may not be as much as most of you, but I've done enough hunting in those thirty years to know how to track an animal.

exactly!!....track or shoot an animal....or choose what to use when n where. don't assume being old and wise, having big $ for fancy hunts, or killing twice as many animals makes one more deserving of respect or anything else. 30+ yrs of hunting and everyone in your neighborhood doing the same adds up to a lot.

Exactly. But you will have trouble here. If no blood because a boolit did not exit, you will not track a single deer because trails are solid tracks from many, many deer. Hundreds of trails all over the place. Trails that split, split again and again.
ONLY BLOOD LEAVES A TRAIL for the animal you shot so what would you do if you don't find any? Hard ground, rock, high grass, weeds, dry leaves and trails full of tracks. Not a single person here including me can find a deer without blood.
I have tracked half the night with a Coleman lantern,ran out of blood, had to go back in the morning and guess how I found the deer? CROWS found it. I went to the crows.