Originally Posted By: wapitirod
 Originally Posted By: i.hunt
I am trying to figure a happy medium for sighting in my smith 460 mag with a 4x leupold.... I read a 200 yard zero puts you in a kill zone out to 250 with a center hold but the data I am looking at doesn't show that??? with the 200 gr hornady ammo..... Any help from you 460 mag shooters on this subject would greatly be appreciated....

Just as a thought, I used to shoot an XVR and I put the 2.5-8 Leupold on it and it used all of it. I know they are spendy scopes but the 460 is one revolver that can really benefit from the high power. I was shooting MOA consistently with some groups under MOA off sandbags to 150 yds using 260gr Partitions loaded to 2100fps. That gun and load would have taken anything in North America including the grizz and everthing but the toughest of African critters.

Were these were handloads, I figured first batch of factory will give me my brass lol and then I would play around with different loads as I do handload some of my more $$$ ammo, the straight 4 power was given to me so I figured I'd use it lol lol I wanted that 2-8 but didn't have the loot right now .....