SBhunter -- I prefer Leupold because they are the ONLY scope that worked on my 460 smith and wesson revolver. I just want to make sure I'm not missing something else that Leupold offers that will do what I am wanting. If they don't have anything else, then yes, I'm all for using something else that does what I need done. I don't compromise on accuracy, but if Leupold has something that does what I need, I'd just prefer to use them, that's all. MOST of the time, their scopes will outperform my abilities, and that is all I ask of any of my optics. I HATE being limited by glass. That's why I DON'T want to use the Leupold Flexpoint. I believe I can shoot better than 3.5 MOA, which is all I think that scope is capable of with a 3.5MOA dot. Thus the reason I'm NOT using that Leupold optic, even though it does say "Leupold" on it. Can you recommend something that has a smaller dot from someone else? I'd certainly be interested if you have some suggestions.

500WE -- But what is the MOA of the dot? I'm not sold on the idea that red dots are small enough to do the job I am needing. I know this MKIII is capable of being stupid accurate. That's why I don't want a 3.5MOA dot on the flexpoint. If there is a very tiny dot on the one you are talking about, I'd be interested. But I'm thinkin I will be leaning towards the more traditional crosshairs if there isn't anything like that available. But I'll certainly look into that scope. Thanks!

I'm only going to be using this for hunting small game out to about 75 yards tops, and need to be able to do head shots on rabbits and squirrels. That way I can discard the head, and the rest of the body is safe for my falconry birds to eat by eliminating the possibility of lead poisoning.

Basically what I am saying is that I need a scope that will outperform me, and not limit my accuracy potential at the farther distances. A 3.5MOA dot will damn near cover the entire head of a squirrel at 75 yards. I don't want that, and I believe I can shoot better than that.

Last edited by raptortrapper; 10/22/2012 2:13 PM.

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.