Hello all,

I have been a member sneaking around here but haven't posted in a bit. Guess I didn't have much to say. But, I do now. I recently acquired a brand new ruger alaskan in 454 and I am not sure that I like it. Its not that I think that it totally butt ugly but I would think that it would be without a date at the prom. That aside, I am hearing things about light strikes due to the new position of the transfer bar. Hmmm. I have no issues yet but I have only fired 20 rds of full house 454 through it and 50 45 colts. Is this an issue that I need to keep an eye on?
The cases seem very stiff coming out of the chambers and I know that it is a very high pressure cartridge with a slight bulge to them. Is that normal? Also, I am not recoil sensitive, or I wasn't, until now. This thing hates me as much as my ex wives. Yes, there are more than one.
Finally, what is general opinion on the Alaskan? Are they worthy of high quality defense in Alaska to go along with my double rifle or should I look elsewhere and let this thing go?

Thank you all for the time!
Lucien

Sean R. Kerr