Originally Posted By: 7P's
 Originally Posted By: bobhanson1
A dot also allows you to shoot with both eyes open which is a plus on running game...

This is something I've never understood - shooting a scope with only one eye open. I've always shot everything with both eyes open and with a scope you throw it up - your scope eye sees the X-hair while your "off-eye" sees the game and you swing the X-hairs toward the target - bingo.

I've try teaching that to several shooters and for reasons I'll never understand, they just can't get it to come all together.

In benchrest I'd watch my flags and at 200/300 yards I could also see the flags from the guys next to me in my scope - I could also watch most of the field with my "off-eye" and could see a wind change coming sometimes - sometimes that wind was mighty stealthy.

Do most here shoot both eyes open with irons, dots, peeps, scope or whatever else is on top of that barrel?

7P's-for some of us it's a restriction due to vision, not that we can't do it this way or don't want to. With a 2x or 4x scope I can shoot with both eyes open, but past anything 4x I can't because the my eyes won't process images of both fields without it distorting the primary sight picture image for me too much... It's like anything else, it's as much personal preference as anything...