well i havent posted alot over the past year but i am constantly lurking and enjoying all the post! our opening gun season came saturday morning and of course i woke up late:) having a wild 6 yr. old and a 17 month old makes sleeping in very easy! but nonetheless, i jumped up and got dressed, grabbed my GP and headed out for a short 3 mile drive to the farm. as i got out of my jeep i decided to just do some walking rather than head to my stand. i got in the woods and within 10 minutes of creeping thru the creek bottom i heard the sound of what is almost always a squirrel milling around....i look over for the source of the sound and to my suprise its a deer!! i immediately steady my gun on the side of an oak tree and squeeze off a shot. the deer jumped and stopped behind a tree. i wait and wait with my gun ready to fire a second shot. then after what seemed like forever he began wobbling and fell!!! i ran over and thanked the Lord for some meat for the freezer and just admired another handgun trophy:)

btw- as far as the details....the load used was a federal 158gr. jsp and the shot was 48yrds. i must say that im really like the hiviz front sight i recently put on the GP also...worked great!

JOHN 3:16 THANK YOU LORD!!!