Thanks Rod! That is another thought that has been bouncing around in my head-- why not just use my Springfield TRP if we are going to be that close??!! That would be kinda fun I think, but having a first kill with the Colt Anaconda be a mountain lion would be something special for me!

Thanks for the offer on the bullets, but I think I will go with the xtp bullets. Not sure if it will be the mags yet or not, but we'll see. I like the idea of a hole on both sides, so I may just go punch a hole through the lion and let the taxidermist do his thing. That's what they get paid to do anyway isn't it???!! :-)

Gregg, as far as the hunt goes, yeah, it is a pay for it and wait type of thing. We are getting snow right now, so I'm hoping for the phone call at any minute. This guy does a garuntee though, of sorts-- if ya don't get a phone call, ya get your money back. Which I am perfectly fine with that. If we go and I don't get anything, I'm fine with that too. It will be quite the experience, and getting one will be the icing on the cake.

Last edited by raptortrapper; 01/28/2013 7:39 PM.

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.