You guys need to jump on this. We've been twice (so far) and Gary's prices are about spot on with what we paid. As they say, you'll be planning your next trip on your flight home. You'll shoot more game, enjoy a great time in a different country, and meet some great folks for the same price as a trophy guided whitetail or elk hunt. Plus you'll have some unique critters on the wall. Afterall, many have whitetail mounts but how many have a nice gemsbok? Our flight in Sept was a bit less than mentioned (around $1700 DFW-ATL-JNB) but it might be due to the seasonal costs.

My next trip in a couple of years will be for a cape buffalo w/ the handgun. My hunting buddy took one on our latest trip this past Sept.

I'd recommend getting a meet and greet service plus paying to get your gun permits cleared before you go. You'll go to the head of the line with the paperwork already taken care of so as soon as your guns show, you'll be out the door.

Last edited by Rick P; 02/03/2013 5:47 AM.

Republicans believe everyday is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15th. -- Ronald Reagan