Well its been a nifty few months, I had been saving for a new big bore, after some things that needed fixing cutting into my gun fund I had to push plans back a bit.

I ran into issues in Cali with ppl not being able to order the guns I wanted, I FINALLY found a very good gun shop that told me single actions do not have to pass Cali's "drop test".

I had decided ona SRH in .454, but I have always wanted to own a BFR, and finding out I can it made the choice simple.

I placed an order BFR in 45-70 govt, because I have always wanted one. I'm not really sure why I but its been on my dream list for awhile. I dont think it will kill the deer and hogs and black bears in my area any less than a .454, and like I said this revolver has been on my dream list for a few years, and now that it can happen im not going to pass up the chance to finally own it.

It will take a few weeks for the guy to get it from his distrubuter but thats ok, whats a few weeks anyway.

lots of you have helped me in my search for a new revolver, and I'm happy its finally going to happen. Everyones advice has been wonderful and I look forward to heading out on a hog hunt soon with my BFR.

I have not reloaded in many a year but I'm dusting off the press and ordering supplies (thankfully a local shop can get them pretty quick)

If anyone has experiance with this BFR and could give me advice on a good deer/hog load that would be great.

Last edited by Zack; 02/11/2013 6:05 PM.