I was just on Midways site and was going to order some 400gr 475 XTP's and it says they have been discontinued by the manufacturer. I guess that leaves those of us that like jacketed with the Deep Curl and Hawk Custom. I don't remember if Swift is or is going to make a 475 cal or not.

As single action handgun hunters things have been strange for a while. Belt Mtn is going through something weird as one of the guys on here was told the owner had to get another job, Midway has discontinued their products but not sure about Brownells. Weigand has quit making the single action replacement sights. Lyman quit making their version of the Bowen sight which was a third of the cost. You can't get the Bisley conversion kits anymore and I've actually been told Ruger is no longer selling the grip frames, I haven't confirmed that but this is what Midway told me. The aftermarket grip frames which were available in several styles are gone. Some of the aftermarket cylinders and parts are gone and even the Ruger factory parts can be a pain sometimes with the vendors being backordered on alot of parts. I get some of my specialty parts including my cylinders and .257 base pins from Bowen and they have been out of stock on everything and their machine shop is months behind. This started well before the gun control crap came up so I don't know what is going on. The only thing I can figure is that with a new generation of shooters being more enticed by auto's and not interested in old six shooters we are looking at a decline in single action sales and therefore a need for parts. I'm not involved but it even seems like cowboy action shooting has started tapering off.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist