I remember when I started dreaming of a 475. I was in the 7th grade in 1990 when I remember reading about them. Of course it wasn't in the cards for a 7th grader but it set me down a path that I still travel. I was shooting a bunch of 357 and 44 mag back then but that was as big as I had access to. They fulfilled my needs but not my want.
;\)

I was in college before I had my first .475 caliber handgun. It was a poor mans linebaugh as I liked to call it back then but the ruger big red was a good shooting gun and hammered everything I shot with it. I was running 435 grain BRP slugs and various Cast Performance slugs from Kelly Brost. The funny thing was that along the way, I had collected brass, slugs, and dies long before I had the gun. I knew it would arrive at some point but it was half the fun preparing. Wasn't very long before I had my first full blown "ruger" 475 built down in TX and then Came others along the way in both 475 and various 500s. The 475 is my all time favorite of the two calibers though.

There is a reason for my random question. I'd like to know who out there is planning to get a 475, maybe has one ordered, saving up, etc. But of those, how many have already started buying dies and components and who hasn't? If you have, what is the stockpile looking like and how long till the new toy arrives? Same question for those that haven't started gathering parts yet and what is the maker/build of your new 475 going to be?

"Better to Remain Silent and Be Thought a Fool than to Speak and Remove All Doubt"