Ok since i got my new Super RedHawk .44 Mag ive been researching ammo for hunting and such. Most of the ammo ive already heard of and knew about since ive already owned a Taurus Raging bull 44. But looking at it and reading some of the specs of Today's Modern ammo got me thinking. Is there any real need for Revolvers like the .454 and bigger if you live in North America? Im not knocking the bigger calibers at all im just asking a serious question and i know no doubt how awsome they are and i will probably buy another .500 s&w again myself one day. But im asking because to me the .44 is the all around best gun for Hunting North America and far as ammo prices and availability. Looking at some of the Hot load .44 mag ammo thats on the market today sure seems like most of it is just as powerful as the .454 casull's factory ammo. Like Buffalo bore's .44 Mag +p 340 grn 1,480 fps and 1,650 ft lbs of energy!!! And thats rated out of a 7 inch barrel.. I mean man im pretty sure that would be fine for Grizzly Bear right?! And Revolvers like the Super RedHawk will handle that round no problem! And there is plenty of other high performance ammo for it as well like Double tap and others. So it just seems to me like the .44 mag is capable of a lot more then some people think it is and seems like a really good option being you can buy a box of 50 for $26 of the 240 grn stuff for shooting. So with today's high tech ammo and how crappy the price's of ammo and guns are right now the .44 Mag seems like the perfect Hunting Revolver im i right or wrong?? What do you guy's think? I think im just really impressed with some of Today's Modern Hunting ammo more then anything!!LOL