I've heard good things about the Barnes too and I am playing with some in my 300 Rum but there is a major price difference between them and the XTP's. The XTP's have taken everything up to water buff by guys on here without a failure so I would be comfortable with them. I shoot the 240 and 300 Mags in my 454, the 400 Mags in my 475 and the 250 and 300gr standard XTP's in my 45 Colts. I've just started loading the 200's in my 460 Rowland. If you want massive expansion go with the standards but if you want controlled expansion with excellent penetration go with the Mags. The Swift A Frames are excelent too but then your back to over a buck a bullet which for hunting I don't mind but if you like to shoot much it gets spendy in a hurry. The Speer Deep Curl is another one I haven't tried but I've heard good things about and the price is in the same range as the XTP's.

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. John Wayne-The Shootist