I'm thinking I will probably switch over to hard cast with the Anaconda, but not till the end of season. I already have great confidence in the accuracy of the load I am using, and to change it now, I would feel like I was in a rush to find the new load with hard cast that the gun likes. If the 250gr XTP wouldn't do the trick, then yeah, I'd work up the new load to be fair to the critter. But since the overwhelming opinion is that the XTP will work, I'm just going to stay with it for now.

Once the bear is on the ground, I'll start working up a hard cast load with something from Cast Performance. I got some 440gr hard cast from them for my 500JRH, and they sure look like they will hammer something! I'm hoping the gun gets back from Jack in time as it is the one I REALLY want to take bear hunting. But the 45 Colt was a close second. The 500JRH could very well make it in time as it is at the engraver right now. Once he's done, its finished!!!

A lot of people are like a slinky: Not much fun till you push them down the stairs!

Lifetime Member of the NRA! Wish I'd a done it sooner.