Ok guys...I'm baaack. Hope everyone is well and thanks to everyone who's helped me out from time to time on here but I have to ask a question. I just purchased from a gentleman in New Mexico, a 5.5 stainless bisley 45 colt with a custom trigger job. Not a homeowner job as I understand it. I bought this to send to jack Huntington for a conversion. I need some opinions... Maybe a poll if you will.
454 casull since the bore diameter is already there ... Not sure on correct rate of twist but think it should be ok.
475 linebaugh since its a proven penetrator and can use 480 ruger
500 linebaugh since... Well it's a 500 and same thing with 500 jrh. But the I've been trying to help jack find someone to make commercial ammo and had no luck to date. Lord knows I've tried. I know I can cut 500 sw down to make it though.

I own 454 right now and have shot most of the the other big bores so I know what I'm getting into with recoil etc but I keep waffling on the caliber. Need a kick up the arse in one direction or another. Took me a year to decide on the gun!

Finally... Anyone know who could turn a stainless gun into a black gun with a rock hard finish? I am using this in alaska next year, then on other handgun hunts after that and want stainless as a base for corrosion but I hate stainless guns I have to say. Robar? No offense to the stainless guys either... Just not my color choice. Help. My fiancé is of no use at all in this matter. She shoots the 454 and my 458 at her height of five foot six and 115 lbs and loves them both and could care less as long as the other two stay where they are.

Sean R. Kerr