Toby,

Not sure what the brass is headstamped, but I too am surprised about DT not marking the box.

Yes, the fully ramped barrel is pretty important. In the 1911, a throated barrel is usually the weak link in the equation. The brass can usually handle the pressure, but the part of the back of the case that hangs unsupported over the throated portion of the barrel can bulge or blow. Been there for both, and the latter is no fun.

Not sure what a FTW is, but if you mean feeding problems, that too is common in the 1911 platform when you bump up the recoil/action spring weight. You start to outrun the magazine's ability to keep up with the return slide speed. I have to stay on top of magazine cleanliness, and try and run +p strength mag springs. I think Relex went over some fixes for the Glock in another thread. Dual springs or something?

And it may not seem critical on a hunting gun where you can tolerate a misfeed further down the round count, in the 1911 the killer here is when the poor feed causes the bullet to get setback in the case. This can send case pressures through the roof. This was the cause of my only case rupture.

Looking forward to more reports.......

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred