Toby,

It was absolutely top end loads, and the speed at which the barrel lower lugs was hitting the frame abuttment in the gun. I am sure the 24 lb recoil spring was not helping on the forward impact of the lugs on the slide stop.

When the Rowland first came out, it was reported that the system needed the comp to work properly. Being a tinkerer, I just had to prove it to myself. With the comp. it is not so much gases venting up and keeeping the muzzle down, as much as the gases hitting the forward vertical surfaces of the comp and keeping the barrel and comp "pulled" forward for the tiniest amount of time, to help slow down the rearward slam of the barrel to the frame.

I was lot younger, and dumber, and just the horrible recoil and twisting of the gun when firing pretty much made it unshootable for anything that resembed a follow-up shot. One of those things they call a Clue ;^) The Glock Rowland and Super for that matter is a much newer concept. It will be interesting to see how they hold up. I am sure the frames ability to flex some has got to make a big difference.

Craig

Last edited by Bearbait in NM; 10/13/2013 4:10 PM.

Northern born and Southern bred