I am retiring in April 2014 and decided I want to get serious about handgun hunting for deer in Indiana. I have been shooting, hunting and reloading for 30 years but never with handgun. For years in Indiana it was shotgun then rifles (limited) and handguns came along.

I have narrowed my choice to one of the two guns pictured a 45 Bisley or 454 SRH. I just mounted the Weigand on the SRH. Most of my shots will be 50 yards or less. Due to severe arthritis in my back and knees I cannot climb into tree stands anymore. I wear hearing aids which limits my hearing and wear glasses so maybe I should just take up knitting. I will have to see the deer because in all probability I will never hear it. For scoping the SRH I am looking at the Ultra Dot or Delta Point. Will they hold up fairly well ?

Anyone have success with ground blinds in fairly dense woods ? Any information would be great and you cam PM me if you want. I hunt on 100 acres that backs up to the Hoosier National Forest and this season I have seen many deer, once two bucks were chasing a doe. I missed.

I have been lurking here and do not post often as I feel over whelmed with the experience on this forum. You guys are great.

Last edited by Gary; 12/18/2013 3:36 PM. Reason: fixed the photo url

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a 12 pound sledgehammer!