Like Whitworth,I frequently use the Bowen Target rear sight on my Rugers whether SA, DA, or .22 semi-auto. They are the finest sights available.

With regard to front sights, I prefer patridge or slightly undercut patridge blades. My holsters are made by a local craftsman, Scott Ledford, to accomodate these sights by molding room in the holster, which effectively acts like a sight track.

The standard Ruger SA front sight is about .121" wide, the FA width is .125".
I have tried .100 and .110", but for my eyes, the standard widths shown above work best, allowing less light on the side, and easier precise alignment for me. These are the widths I use for barrel lengths ranging from 4 5/8" to 10 1/2".

On the other hand, my New Vaquero has a .100 wide front sight and a 3.75" barrel, and with this shorter sight radius, the narrower front sight works fine for
me. People do see sights differently, and have different preferences in sight alignment. Despite the costs involved, you may just have to test different options to see what works best for you.

I will also mention that some Ruger rear sight notches have been a bit wider than others, with some old SRH white outline blades having the widest notches. If you can find one, this may give you another option for more light on each side of the front blade.