Well I shot the new 22 barrel last night at 16 degrees and by headlamp, but I am impressed. The one issue I had was that some of the Winchester superx hp ammo stuck part way into the chamber and had to be forced in or out. The barrel looked very clean, but I gave it a bronze brush and hoppes after the first stick. None of the cci or aguila ammo stuck before or after.

Is this something that will happen with match chambers, something with the ammo. or something that will stop in time as it's broken in?

I might have to use the winny in something else since the other 2 brands didn't catch.

I think it's going to be a tack driver as despite the crappy conditions it hit as well as I could steady it. Braced it would put a hole right where I wanted and kept on target with that heavy barrel. That could be great for a quick follow up shot if it had one.

I bought it used from Ed's TC, but it had no wear marks anywhere. Not even on the inside of the fore end screw socket or lug. I don't think it was ever put on a frame or fired. It was in equal shape to the 223 barrel that I peeled out of the blister pack.

The super 14 223 is going to need a rest. That long bull barrel with a 22 hole through it is HEAVY and difficult to steady freehand.

Any recommendations on sticks for hunting. I was thinking a monopod would be easiest and quickest to deploy, but a bipod or even tripod would be steadier. It would need to adjust pretty high as I am 6'3".