Andy,

It's been kinda cold and nasty here, so not a lot of shooting with it yet. I have run a couple of cylinders of 45 Super through it, just to get the feel. The narrow backstrap actually does have a bit of bite. This is my first big DA revolver in a very long time, so it will be a learning experience.

I have a ton of experience with shooting and reloading the 460 Rowland, and a couple of years now with the 45 Super in the 1911, so I feel OK with warmer loads in this 45. Probably not going to sling too many more Supers until things warm up a bit, so I can get the chrony set up and my portable bench to do things right. Just like the 1911, not planning on trying to turn it into a 44 Mag, or even a Ruger style 45 Colt, but I do think there is a little wiggle room to work with.

I am probably set it up like my FA 454 where I can put a red dot or scope on it, even if it wears irons most of the time. So far I am liking it, although with a new gun the "accessories" are starting to get a little out of the hand ;^) Need to hide the credit cards..............

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred