Originally Posted By: GlennS
. I guess if I were to try a 200, it would have to be a Barnes but even then, you are looking at a fat and VERY short projectile. That doesn't spell deep penetration on a marginal shot if everything isn't perfect when you pull the trigger. We all look at it different though so I'll be curious to see what responses you get here.

I have some of the Barnes on my bench for toying with the 460S&W, both in 200 and 275 gr varieties. These XPB's are more of the spitzer style than the conventional hollow-point, so they are longer than an XTP-design or typical JHP. One of these days, I'll have to give them a go - they are one of the few that offer a nice compromise of expansion and penetration, despite being light(er) for caliber. I wouldn't fear driving them too fast, as the 450 Bushmaster fans have been pushing them faster that the 460 can generate with good results on hogs.

As Doc attests, the A-frame would be a good options as well, bring offered in 265/300/325gr varieties.

On deer-sized game, any of these options are going to bag your game. The higher velocity, lower weight projectiles may not produce an exit, but will certainly create some havoc on the way to the opposite hide...