Reloder,

Welcome to the fray, here. As Glenn pointed out, the Keith was an improvement over what was available at the time. Depending on how much time you have spent on cast bullets on the various forums, you can get a argument that the LBT style bullet improves upon the Keith design.

The 250 you have from Lasercast is really neither. You are correct, the meplat is more on the small side. They will penetrate for days, but that design is more of the traditional "cowboy" shape. I think the mold is a Magma style/brand, that is very popular as it molds well and is easy to make.

If you really want to get into the weeds, most folks would say many of the Keith's that you can buy are not true Keith design down to the penny, and that many of the LBT style bullets are not dead true to Veral Smith's LBT design.

I had an interesting email from the owner of Rim Rock bullets. They make a number of "almost" Keith bullets, and some that are like your 250's. He told me in an email that the 250 like yours would be his preference for hunting, over the SWC. Go figger....

I carry the 250 rnfp's in my gun when I am thinking more self defense, but am not too keen on the design for hunting.

Where's Whit, he could write a book about this. Oh wait, he did ;^)

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred