Thanks for all the interest in my father's handgun hunting experiences. I am Richard, his oldest son, and spent most of my early life hunting with my father. He originally quit his job as a foreman in a plywood mill and opened a small sporting goods store in Port Angeles, Washington ,before full time field testing, writing, and hunting. He wrote for several magazines and authored 2 books.If you are fortunate enough to have a Pioneer Handgun Hunting, you should hold on to it. There were, I believe, only 500 published. All my kids and grandkids have one, as do most of the other members of his immediate family. It was mentioned that some of the handguns were found at the plane wreck site. They were all taken, but recovered when one of the looters tried to sell them in a firearm store in Seattle. My mother did want to press charges, but the feds got him for failure to
report a plane crash. I don't know what the charges resulted in. Fortunately, several rolls of film were found at the site in a waterproof bag and the photos developed. He had a very successful hunt.
Besides the shoulder holster and hollow pointer, he developed and patented a packboard for carrying game and also developed and a scope cover and camping candle.
Thanks again for the interest.