Reflex, first off, let me say it was a real breath of fresh air to talk to someone who will admit that velocity makes a REAL difference in performance and penetration when it comes to bullet testing! I am speaking of & comparing shooting large diameter, heavy for caliber bullets at various velocities. In my testing of these bullets on dead bovines, I have seen in every instance that when I compare my single shot rounds to different revolver rounds, my single shots win every time. I know that I am comparing "rifle" rounds to "revolver" rounds, but I have been told many, many times how the 475 & 500 Linebaugh's will out penetrate various rifle rounds. In all of my testing I still have not seen any straight wall pistol round that will come close to out penetrating my 376 Steyr with a 300 gr. Barnes banded solid or my 416 Barnes with a 400 gr. DGS bullet. I agree & will agree that dead is dead & a lot of what we shoot will kill anything that walks on this earth, but let's be honest too. I am absolutely not trying to start a debate and I am not going to argue with anyone, we have all done that before. I have seen this in all my testing, but reflex264 takes it to a new and different level. He has shot more animals of varying and different sizes testing bullets to back up his findings. I love all hunting handguns from revolvers to single shots and hunt with them both and they both work great, but let's all be honest and admit that there is not a 45 Colt load that will out penetrate a heavy solid in a 450 Marlin either when they are both pushed to "high" for their round velocities.

The Eyes are Useless, When The Mind Is Blind