Originally Posted By: Coyote50
.................. One of the worst for blood shot meat was a deer I shot with a bow.

I can agree with this statement. My big bull elk that I shot with a 125 gr. Muzzy four blade (hit him low in the heart right behind the shoulder) ran off about 150 yards and laid down and died. I was able to watch him as the trees were sparse; it was mainly open meadow.

OK: my point is that as he ran that Muzzy did a slicing job that I found hard to believe. I have never opened up a big game animal and found so much hemorrhaging and bloody carved up tissue.

I have seen five hundred plus antelope taken with handguns (mostly "rifle" type cartridges) and seen some pretty good damages, but nothing like that bull elk with a razor sharp broadhead. Obviously if he hadn't run that 4 to five hundred feet with that broadhead moving back and forth by the front shoulder, and carving him up, the damage would not have been as great.

OK...maybe this is not a fair comparison as a bullet only "hits once." So the most damage I have seen other than that was a good buck antelope that had a four inch ENTRANCE wound. I believe it was from a Nosler Ballistic Tip from a 7mm or 30 caliber Encore. Needless to say the inside damage was massive.

FWIW: Over the years some of my repeat antelope hunters nicknamed the Ballistic Tips: Ballistic Bombs. All in good- natured hunting jargon.