A friend has been aggravating me to try a striker bolt pistol he has in 308. Well after some range time on his farm we give them a whirl. I know lots of people like them and they shoot great but for me it was like shooting a small rifle, which it essentially is. I wanted to try it because lots of folks like them, and it may flare some folks but in my opinion, it isn't what I think of when someone says handgun hunting. The loads were berger hand loads that I load to his request and a 300 yard shot is no problem, which was as far as we practiced to. He showed off his skill hitting a couple of 2 liter bottles at 500yards. Well then we set out to get some venison. A buck come by a little farther than I felt comfortable and he dropped him and later in the afternoon I had a doe come in at 225 and I sent her to the freezer. The wounds were crazy and the velocity definately showed in the damage results. For you guys that like them, I get it, but I'll stick with the revolvers and autos and shorter barrels.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

"If you get to thinkin' you're a person of some influence,try orderin' someone else's dog around" unknown cowboy