Ive been out to the range with my FA83 .454, and I'm getting 4" groups at 50 yards with open sights. Not the greatest, but I'm seeing improvement as I practice.

Right now I'm shooting factory rolled Hornady XTP 240grn. (My life is just too transient to set up for re-loading right now) In getting good accuracy from this round,and its less expensive than a lot of other rounds, but...

I want to find one round that I can shoot from this firearm and hunt deer, hogs, elk, moose and bear with. I doubt the 240grn is that round. Besides, at 1900 fps it has a wicked snap that I really dont like too much. Hornady also makes a 300grn XTP at 1550fps, and of course there is Buffalo Bore, Cor-Bon etc.

Is there any experience / recommendation for a particular factory .454 ammo that will cover everything from deer to Grizz? I'm a proponent of big and slow, as opposed to small and fast, and do not need fast, flat trajectories, as I only shoot within my comfortable, confident range. Right now, that's 50 yards.

If it were supposed to be easy, they'd have sent my little sister to do it.