Chris I also came to the personal realization that I sort of got caught up in the "more is better" way of thinking when it came to TC barrels so I thinned my pistol length Encore hunting barrels down by three Sat. and Sun. while helping Ed Kirkpatrick of Ed's Contenders run his tables at a local gun show.

The three barrels I sold or traded off were;

1. A new and unfired 15" heavy Fox Ridge barrel in 7mm-08 that I'd had sitting here for almost 2 years and I hadn't even mounted it on a frame yet.....the little light finally came on and I realized that I already had a 15" heavy Fox Ridge barrel in .284 Winchester so why in the heck did I need the 7mm-08.

2. A 15" TC off the rack 45-70 barrel.....this was my "Moose and Mack truck" barrel but I've since picked up a SSK barrel in 35 Whelen and it will certainly fill the same niche.

3. A 15" Fox Ridge bull barrel in 300 Whisper.....I've got a 14" Contender barrel in 300 Whisper as well as a Remington centergrip XP-100 so why I felt I needed the same caliber in a Encore is beyond me.

In pistol length Encore barrels I'm now left with the following four and I feel I've pretty much got all my bases covered....Fox Ridge barrels in 6.5x55 Swede, .284 Winchester and 300 Savage plus the SSK barrel in 35 Whelen.

Ike

Vietnam veteran.
NRA Range Safety Officer.
IHMSA # 48226.