As I have a 45acp revolver, and have been looking at this revolver.

So far we only have MSRP prices on all of the internet posts I have seen. You can certainly find shops and on-line sources with msrp, but eventually a lower street price should shake out.

Folks have been having 45 Colt revolvers converted to use 45acp with moon clips for a lot of years now. I have never heard of a report of 45acp cases splitting or otherwise creating an unsafe condition.

The accuracy reported of these converted revolvers seems to tend towards the acp accuracy being not great, but not horrific. As this site tends to more on the accuracy side of things for hunting, if one wishes a 45acp revolver that is more likely to be a tack driver, a dedicated revolver or switch cylinder type might be a better choice.

I am seriously looking at this, but I want to confirm whether or not the S&W moon clips would work in the Ruger. I know clips are cheap, but I have a bucket load already, and adding a different size is not really appealing to me. But the flip side is that I do also shoot 45 Super and Rowland, and the Ruger is certainly much more capable in this respect, than my Smith.

Definitely watching this, but not reaching for my wallet, yet.

Craig

Northern born and Southern bred